Phototastic World is run by Simone and Johannes, based in Munich, Germany & Boston, MA/USA. We are traveling the world in search of great photo spots. On our blog, you will find many impressions, stories, and random bits of travel advice.
So far, we have traveled to five continents and 50+ countries and we are far from done! Some of our personal records include:
- Coldest temperature: -35 Celsius (that's -31 Fahrenheit)
- Most remote car trouble: A failing and overheating rental car transmission in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road in the Kenyan bush (not keen on breaking that record on future travels).
- Most travel pictures taken in a day: 1084 photos and over 4,000 timelapse frames. Maybe we should go back and do some culling? 😅
- Longest flight: From Munich to Singapore – About 11 hours and 30 minutes, 6249 miles.
- Most Northern latitude: 71.0° North in Honningsvåg, Norway. We really wanted to make it to the Nordkapp but had to give up because we were not well-equipped for a severe January blizzard in our tiny rental car.
- Most Southern latitude: 53.7° South at the Faro San Isidro South of Punta Arenas, Chile.
While travel photography is a hobby that we've shared for well over a decade now, DIY home remodeling has recently also become a frequent pastime of ours, as we fixing up a house in the Boston area. We may also write about those projects – either here or on a separate, dedicated website.
Let us know which country you would like to hear about next - or whether you're planning a photo trip yourself! We are also happy to share gear advice all around our experience with photo and outdoor equipment. Get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!